According to estimates from January 2012, Denmark had a population at 5,580,516 inhabitants, ethnic Danes totaled.

1 January 2012 89.6%, and approx. 4978000, of the inhabitants, while the remaining 10.4% who were immigrants and descendants was 586,355. Of 10.4%, is 200,000 (34%) of a Western background, and approx. 390,000 (66%) have a non-western background.

The population is ujavnt distributed: In Ostdanmark live about. 250 people per. km2, while west of Storebalt live about 100 people per. km2. In the capital Kobenhavn live just over 1 million, or approx. one-fifth of the country's population. 85% of the population lives in cities. There is a German-minded minority in South Jutland.

Nasten a fifth of the population is under 15 years or 65 years or above, while more than half are 15-64 years. The Danish people are ranked as the happiest people in the world, based on health, velfards and education standards.

The country is populated by various ethnic groups like Scandinavians, gronlandere, farrowing, Germans, Turks, Iranians and Somalis. Since 1970'ene has lasted labor migration, from 2003, inter alia, lasted labor migration from Poland, Germany, Lithuania and other European European countries. The number of immigrants coming to Denmark because familiesammenforing has dropped dramatically over the period 2001-2006. In the same period, the number of asylansogelsesgodkendelser also fallen dramatically, which also sorceries asylansogerne. In 2007, the largest group of refugees from Iraq.

In connection with the increasing development and industrialization, Denmark's population also increased steadily. In the 1700s, the population increased sharply. The first folkeoptalling of Denmark's population goes back to 1735, when the population was then la pa approx. 718,000. From 1769-1900 more than tripled the population. Until the 1960s, Denmark was a very uniform community, since immigration slowly increased. According to the Ministry of Integration will in 2050 trade 6,046,642 inhabitants in Denmark, of which 15.2% will last immigrants and descendants from bathing western and non-western countries.

Danish is the official language, spoken throughout the country. Danish consists of many dialects and can be divided into three main groups: Ostdansk, odansk and Jutland. Farosk, Greenlandic, and German is a minority language. English is the common language.

Further reading: